Wasabi Power 2500mAh Extended Battery
GoPro Hero5/6/7 Black, Hero Black, Hero 2018
I have been using Wasabi Power in my GoPros for since 2005 and I have has flawless performance form them! Now Wasabi has come out with an extended battery for the GoPro 5/6 and touts that you can get up to 4 hours of run time from one charge! I am here to tell you without a doubt you can.
- Wasabi Power Extended Battery (2500mAh)
- Extended Battery Frame
- Extension Arm Mount
- Thumb Screw
- Micro-USB charging Cable
All in all this is an excellent buy, especially for anyone that doesn't want to mess with swapping batteries. However it is not waterproof, so it can only be used in dry conditions. I did make a small modification to one of the frames (I have 3 of these) so that I can slip the battery/camera combo in from the front while still mounted to my bike.
NOT Compatible with the GoPro HERO5 Session or other previous models (e.g. HERO4, HERO3, HERO2).
Wasabi Power 2500mAh Extended Battery$18.99
Ease of Use9.0/10
What I liked
- Solid Construction
- Not too big
- Easy to use
- 3-Year Wasabi Warranty
- 2500mAh of extra power
- 4+ hours of recording time
- Not affected by firmware updates
What I did not like
- Frame is a bit challenging
- Not waterproof
I just run in to your review of the extended battery for the Go Pro hero 5/6 and visited your website. Let me be honest and I absolutely admire what you are doing on your website. I have been mountain biking competitively and recreational since i was 10 years old and was always wanting to try to do the same thing . I am currently hosting FB group called the international Switchback in Jacksonville Fl and we try to go to as much trails as possible. We would love to connect with you next time we go visit Alafia, Carter Road, and Balm Boyette (my favorite there). hats of to you.
Thank you for your kind words! I’ll respond directly via email.
Great review, very helpful.
I’m planning to purchase a hero7 but won’t unless I can fined a suitable extended battery. This is one of my candidates.
Have you tested any other product?
No, I have used Wasabi Power for years without any issues and trust them with all my expensive electronics.
A few more questions, please:
1. Does it heat up (itself or the gopro)? I’ve read user reviews about this in Amazon.
2. How does the case hold up after the bending it goes through every time you want to remove the battery? I saw a user review on Youtube where he reported fatigue lines in the top part of the cover (maybe he was bending it TOO much…).
3. Is the memory card accessible while using the battery, or does it need to be removed?
4. Can the camera’s battery be charged while the Wasabi is in place?
1. GoPros typically run hot, but I have not noticed any “extra” heat form using these.
2. Actually, I cut off the front tabs so that I can get the camera/battery in/out without removing the case form the mount.
3. If you are using the case, then no. But if you’re not using the case, then yes.
4. If you are using the case, then no. But if you’re not using the case, then yes.
Thank you, Chris.
Can you post a photo about #2? What exactly did you cut?
Take a look at this photo, you can click it to make it bigger.