Recently on a group ride, 3 of the 6 people dropped off and heading back to their vehicles. First, 2 left and then the 3rd. This got me to thinking, what if one of these guys got hurt, who on the trail would know who they were? I got to thinking more and looked around at what was left of the group. While I know a lot of them, I'm not sure any them would know how to contact my wife or I contact theirs! But wait I have my cell, crap, it's locked. Even if it wasn't, what if it breaks in a crash, well that's not going to work? After a bit of research, I found the RoadID site and I have to say, I'm not really sure why I have not done this earlier, but this is an excellent answer! There are many times I am deep in the woods or 40+ miles away from my starting truck on the road and for $20 bucks - it was a no-brainer to just order the RoadID!
Who is this for, here is a small list: Everyone actually, adults, children, pets, cyclists, runners, swimmers, first responders, military, basically anyone the leaves the comfort of their couch!
The Top 10 Reasons You Should Wear ID:
- If you can't speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
- Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
- Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life-saving procedures.
- Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
- Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
- Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the "golden hour" of medical treatment.
- It's far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It's not just a piece of gear, it's the peace of mind.
- Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
- Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don't.
- Road ID can save your Life. Period.
I already wrote to the North Pole and I know that Santa is bringing me a Road ID this year!