I first remove the factory rim tape and installed one layer of Stan's yellow tape making sure that I covered all the nipple holes.
The instructions call for expanding to inner valve stem hole to 3/8" with a drill. After looking at the valve stem on Stan's rim strip, it is clear that more room was going to be needed for everything to seat properly. I used a tapered bit that is designed for metal and it worked awesomely. A regular bit can be used, but this tapered bit only cut the first layer and protected the second. After seeing the rim strip installed, I would not have been able to get my tire on had I opted to skip this step.
The soapy water is the key to installing Stan's rim strip on center. I used plenty of soap in my water to make sure things were wet and slippery. Once I got Stan's rim strip on, I did have to move it and play with it a bit to get all the edges under the tire bead area. But this was actually very easy. If I got a dry spot, I just added a little soapy water, and voila, was able to easily move into position.
I installed the tire back on, soaped it down, and filled with air to 60 psi and everything snapped into place. Surprisingly it held air rather well - even without any sealant!
The directions called for 3oz of fluid, and I pulled the valve core and use their syringe to get the sealant into the tire. I then re-filled with air to 60 psi with a pump. Note: The first time, I did not add so much air, but my tire did not seat properly and was out of round quite a bit. Once o got it to 60 pounds, everything snapped into place very nicely and the tire was sitting on the rim as expected.
I jostled and bounced the tire around a bit to get the fluid into the tiny holes, and set it flat on its side on the bucket and let it sit for a couple of minutes. No leaks! The tiny little bubble that was first coming out quickly disappeared! Did this for both sides.
All in all, this is a very simple and painless process for going tubeless and I am always pleased with how everything goes with the NoTubes products.