Without trying to toot our own horn – this is one of the tastiest chicken recipes we’ve ever made! An all-time Chinese favorite and easy to put together, this dish is one of the best-loved weeknight indulgences. It can also be a mouth-watering family dinner or comfort food of choice.
Heavy on the fantastic sesame flavor, the chicken meat prepared this way will stay moist inside, with a crispy crust on the outside generously coated with the delicious, sweet-n-sticky sauce. To enhance the ultimate flavor of the dish, don’t forget the final sprinkle of thinly sliced spring onion.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sweet Chili
- 3 tbsp. Ketchup
- 4 tbsp. Light Soy Sauce
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 10 tbsp. Flour
- ½ tbs. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tbs. Paprika
- 2-4 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- White Sesame
- Spring Onions
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Take one bowl and beat the eggs in it.
- Take another bowl, put the flour in it. Add salt, pepper, paprika and granulated garlic.
- Put the cornstarch in the third bowl.
- Coat the meat with the flour mix.
- Put some lard in the pan and heat it at 160-190C/320-370F.
- Take the flour-coated meat, dip it in eggs, toss around in cornstarch and fry until golden
- Pour soy sauce into the pan, add sweet chili, ketchup, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and rice vinegar,
and stir a few times. Then add a bit of honey and stir some more.
- Pour this delicious, sweet, and sticky sauce over the crispy chicken bites.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped spring onion and some white sesame seeds.