This lovely autumn day is full of South Asian smells… We make chicken satay, a popular Indonesian dish, with a combination of spices. Since cooking is a creative skill, feel free to experiment with spices. Satay can be made with different kinds of meat – chicken, goat, mutton, beef, pork, fish, and other meats; it can also be made of tofu and be just as delicious. The meat is skewered and grilled. It’s ok to make it in a skillet, but we recommend grilling the satay as the smoke will add that special something to the aroma. Enjoy this aromatic and tasty meal with a beer, they complement each other beautifully. Bon Almazan and Happy New Year!
You will need these ingredients:
- Chicken Breast
- Dried Chives, Mustard Seed, Brown Sugar, Curcuma, Paprika
- Roasted Peanuts
- Ginger, Red Onion, Dried Chili
- Salt, Sesame Oil
- Almazan Kitchen® original cookware and utensils (optional)
- Grind 1 tsp. of Dried Chives, Mustard Seeds, Brown Sugar, Curcuma, Sweet Paprika, and ½ tsp. of salt in the mortar using a pestle. Add 2tbsp. of Sesame Oil and mix well.
- Slice & Dice 300g of Chicken Breasts. Coat in the mix from step #1. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill on 660 F /350 C for 15 minutes. Do not forget to flip.
- Let’s make a sauce: Ginger, sliced very thin; Slice & Dice Red Onion and Dried Chili. Fry on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of ground roasted peanuts. Mix well, add 100 ml of water and fry for another 5 minutes. Stir well.
- Enjoy! Bon Almazan!