Beer Can Bacon Burgers
Bacon is very common in Almazan Kitchen cuisine. It can be prepared in many different ways, but it can also be used to spice up food to infuse it with that characteristic aroma. That’s what this bacon wrap does to our beer can bacon burger – it lifts the overall taste to another level: our beer can burger is enhanced from the inside by mozzarella, from the sides by the smoked bacon, and from the top by blobs of aromatic caramelized onion. Lots of rocket salad on the bottom half of the bun for extra freshness, and voila: a supreme beer can bacon burger is eagerly waiting for your bite.
- Ground Beef
- Mozzarella, Trappista Cheese
- Red Onion
- Sage, Rocket Salad
- Almazan Kitchen® Red
- Meat Spice Mix
- Kaiser Rolls
- Butter, Balsamico, Brown Sugar
STEP BY STEP
- Slice red onions, mix with sage leaves.
- Melt 7oz of butter. Toss in onions with sage. Fry until golden brown (about 10 minutes), salt to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp. of balsamico and 1 heaped tbsp. of brown sugar. Let it melt. To keep onions from drying out, add a few times some water to the pan. Cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes, but not too much.
- Mix Ground Beef with Almazan Kitchen® Red Meat Spice Mix. Using a beer can, shape beef into a "cup" Wrap it around with bacon strips.
- Fill the "cups" with mozzarella bites, top with caramelized onion, and sprinkle with Trappista cheese to taste.
- Cook for about an hour at 300 F / 150 C using your favorite smoker.
- Build burgers with Kaiser Rolls and rocket salad.